9/30/2009

Pajda's tips

My good friend Pajda did the Cape to Cape walk three years ago, by himself, on the same time of the year; Christmas.
I asked him a few tips:

Hi Wilma!
Good to hear from you!
So, you are going to the big trip! Sound great. All I have to say about this trip is the timing! Well Xmass is the hottest times to walk on sand, but as you know it's possible to do it. Take few liters of waters with you and some good shade as there is nowhere to hide :-(
You can see my pictures here
if you have more questions please contact me :-)
from Pajda


After I've asked Pajda about the flies he answered this:

Sounds like you organised it all pretty well! Should be nice with all that support you have. Flies, hmm I'm not sure now, there was more flies in the outback I think as at the sea front it's quite windy. The hats with flap for sure. Take less to carry with you as the walk on sand is quite...you know 10km stretch of beach ;-) I'm not sure what you imagine to sleep under, but I just had a sleeping bag and slept on plastic sheet - hard but light to carry ;-) Btw. there is a bus going from Augusta to Dunsborough quite often.
good luck with that


Pajda is a great furniture designer, have a look at his website!

No comments: